2021 is the year for using our stash, I can feel it! Super excited to start a new series focusing on putting together kits with a variety of inspiration. I think the main reason I get bored with stash kits is because they all end up feeling largely the same. This year, my plan is to use this list below to inspire a better variety of kits!
1. Multi-colored patterned paper
2. A partial collection or kit
3. A fixed color scheme (your faves or wedding colors, maybe?)
4. Mood board
5. Embellishment pack
6. One Designer - several collections
8. A 6x6 or 6x8 paper pad
9. Theme (birthdays, seasons, holidays, etc)
10. Group of photos (vacation, event, etc)
11. Book or magazine
12. Home Decor (fave pillow or centerpiece?)
13. Digital Collection/Printables.
14. A feeling (cozy, energetic, etc)
15. Location (a memory of that place)
16. Packaging (from supplies or a snack?)
18. Mixed Media Palette
Now that I have a plethora of inspiration, I needed a plan! So, I created a list of what I wanted to include in my kits to give myself a little guidance. This helps me to reign in the desire to add ALL THE THINGS and stick to what will actually help me create!
Include 10-12 papers and a 6x6 or 6x8 paper pad
-At least 4 papers that work for backgrounds
-1 specialty paper (acetate, vellum, etc)
-1 cut apart paper
-1-2 patterned papers to fussy cut
-A mix of pattern sizes and types (small/large prints, florals, geometrics, text, etc)
-About 10-15 Project Life cards (optional)
Include a variety of embellishments
-Layering pieces (doilies, tags, etc) and ephemera pack
-Textures: trim, flair, wood veneer, washi, etc.
-2 sticker sheets & scattering bits
-Titles: Thickers with words & 2 alphas (1-big, 1-small)
Include tools and/or mixed media (optional)
-A new tool or one you want to use more (sewing machine, etc)
-Mixed media (paints, modeling paste, etc)
Now that I have my inspiration list and my plan, I can start creating kits! I will be creating a new kit each month using a different source of inspiration and a different mix of papers/embellishments, then using it up that month! Follow along on my Youtube channel to see this plan in action!